3 High Protein Meal Ideas
Recently (and by recently I mean for a month now) I have been trying to focus more on my nutrition. I am eating to fuel my lifts, fuel my mind, and nourish my body. I feel great, to be honest! What I am doing is working with a nutritionist, counting my macros, and really making more of an effort. Soon as I talk about eating for my lifts the first response i get is PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN. What are high protein meals? How much protein do YOU eat? What are good sources of PROTEIN? In this article I share with you 3 recipes that are high in protein
chocolate mint Protein Waffles (456 calories |48 G Protein | 46G Carbohydrates | 8G Fat
- 1 scoop Chocolate Mint Protein (I use MyProtein)
- 1 Egg
- 1.5 Servings of Kodiak Cakes Pancake Mix
1) Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl.
2) Add water to correct consistency (should be a little more watery than a pancake batter).
3) Place in waffle iron! This makes two big waffles.
2) Apple Chicken Breakfast Burrito (453 Calories | 41g Protein | 28G Carbohydrates | 18g Fat)
- Al Fresco Apple Chicken Sausage
- 55g (About 1/2) of an Avocado
- 138g (3 Servings) of Egg Whites
- 1 Egg
- 85g (.08 cup) of Broccoli Slaw
- 1 Flat Out Protein Wrap
1. Heat up pan and spray with a nonstick spray.
2. Add egg whites, broccoli slaw, and chicken sausage and cook.
3. Add the egg to the side of the pan, cooking it over easy, while the rest of the dish cooks.
4. Spread the avocado on the Protein wrap, place everything else on top, and spread the yolk of the egg on top, wrap it, and enjoy!
3) Chicken Avocado bowl (512 Calories | 48g protein | 48G Carbohydrates | 15G Fat)
- 3.5 oz Cooked Chicken
- .02 cup Quinoa (I use Trader Joes Tricolor)
- 60g (About 1/2) of an Avocado
- .05 cup Petite Frozen Peas
- 2 TBS of Bragg Nutritional Yeast
1. Cook the chicken, quinoa, and peas all separately.
2. Place all cooked item into a bowl, and mix
3. Top the bowl with diced avocado, and sprinkle the nutritional yeast on top
BONUS: 1 Other Way to Add More Protein Into Your Day: Protein Powder
Protein Powder: SO versatile!!! Add it to yogurt, coffee, smoothies, oatmeal, cereal milk, mix it with peanut butter, etc.
Share with me some of your favorite high protein meals. Find me on instagram @haley.lifts